Women and Gender Minorities Equality SIG
- To provide high quality training for members to raise awareness of the specific and complex issues faced by women and gender minority groups which negatively impact on psychological well-being.
- To support members by offering training so they can develop the necessary competencies to provide non-discriminatory, effective and inclusive treatments.
- To provide an open, safe space which facilitates exploration and discussion of gender issues experienced within the organisational culture.
- To promote equality of opportunity for women and gender minorities within the organisation
- To recognise the discriminatory effect that structural racism has on women of colour and to raise awareness of how this affects equality of opportunity within the organisation.
- To promote supportive workplace environments for women and gender minorities
- To build closer professional relationships in the workplace to enable differences to be embraced.
- To organise training to identify and address the issues that may be preventing women and gender minorities from putting themselves forward for leadership positions within the organisation
- To raise awareness of discriminatory practice against women and gender minorities
- To address and support through training the issues that affect women and gender minorities in the workplace
- To encourage the career development of women and gender minorities in CBT research, training and clinical settings
- Empower women and gender minorities to contribute further to the development and dissemination of high quality CBT research and practice.
- Foster a supportive environment for women and gender minorities to create professional networks to improve patient care
- Raise awareness and understanding of the cultural, social, political and psychological processes underpinning gender difference in psychological disorders
- Promote the positive visibility and diversity of women and gender minorities in the organisation and celebrate their achievements
||Patricia Murphy, Rachel Phillips
|Branch Liaison Officer (Temporary cover)
|Ordinary Member & Publicity Lead
Any BABCP member can join. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the committee, email us at email@example.com