Reaccreditation and Audit for Supervisor Accreditation
Accredited supervisors are expected to take personal responsibility for upkeeping standards for ongoing supervision and continuing professional development in these areas as well as their clinical practice.
You will be invited to make online declarations of Reaccreditation for Supervisor, Trainer (if appropiate) as well as Practitioner accreditation at the same time.
Synchronisation of Declaration Dates
If you are awarded one or both of these accreditations from 2018, the date you will be due to sign Reaccreditation online declaration will be extended to synchronise with the renewal date for your most recent Accreditation. This is in order to enable you to make the online declarations for both or all Accreditations at the same time.
Eg. If your Practitioner Accreditation is due for renewal in November 2018 and you are awarded Supervisor Accreditation in July 2018, you will not make any online declaration until July 2019, when you will make the declarations for both Practitioner and Supervisor at the same time.
If you subsequently apply for Trainer Accreditation, all three Reaccreditation declaration dates would be synchronised with the anniversary of the award date of the Trainer Accreditation.
For those who were awarded Supervisor and/or Trainer Accreditation prior to 2017, your due dates will have already been synchronised.
Guidelines for Reaccreditation as a Supervisor
Provision of Supervision
A minimum of 20 hours of supervisory practice per year should have been provided. This log may be used to record this, and will be required with the previous twelve months' details if selected for random audit.
Accredited supervisors should be receiving appropriate levels of supervision for their supervisory practice – equivalent to 5% of their supervisory caseload or one hour per month, mostly from qualified CBT therapists.
Records of Supervision
It is recommended that you record your supervisory and/or training supervision, together with your clinical supervision Collaborative Supervision Summary. A fully completed version of this will be requested if you are selected for random audit.
Types of supervision (clinical, supervisory, trainer) should be indicated in the appropriate column, and if you have these types of supervision in the same session as your clinical, please ensure that the entries for each are recorded separately (eg 1 hour clinical supervision, and 30 mins supervisory supervision).
Supervisee Feedback Report
If selected for Random audit, you will be asked to supply at least one Supervisee Feedback Report from one of your supervisees.
Accredited supervisors should engage in at least one CBT specific supervision-related CPD activity per year which can count as one of the five practitioner CPD activities referred to above.
If invited for Random Audit, please show this activity, as well as your practitioner CPD, in the appropriate rows of the CBT CPD Evidence for Audit. One piece of supervisory CPD may be counted as your practitioner CPD – if this is the case, please note this in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the form.
Acceptable Supervisory CPD Activities:
There are many activities that could be included as evidence of sustained commitment to development as a CBT Supervisor. The activities need to be specifically related to CBT supervision. The list below is not exhaustive and you may include other activities if they contribute to your skills and development as a CBT Supervisor.
Activities might include:
- attendance at workshops
- courses relating to CBT Supervisory Practice and skills
- attendance at conferences and seminars relating to CBT Supervisory Practice
- involvement in relevant research
- relevant publications by you
- reading relevant books and journals etc.
- involvement with Supervision SIGs,
- relevant media involvement.
The hours spent developing CBT Supervision services may count once only.
Providing CBT Supervision, and undertaking Supervisory Supervision do not count as relevant CPD activity.
Records of Supervisory CPD
It is recommended that you contemporaneously complete Reflective Statements for your CPD. Evidence of engagement will be requested at audit, and submission of Reflective Statements is optional.
You will make the declarations for your Supervisor Accreditation (and Trainer Accreditation if applicable) at the same time as making online declaration for practitioner accreditation.
If you are selected for Random Audit of your Reaccreditation as a Supervisor, you will be expected to supply the following documents within ten weeks. You will be audited for your Practitioner Accreditation (and Trainer if applicable) at the same time.
Summary of Trainer Audit Requirements
All documents relate to the previous twelve months at the point of audit
- Log of Training provided (minimum 20 hours)
- Collaborative Supervision Summary Form (showing Clinical and Training Supervision
- Trainer Reference (from your Training Supervisor)
- CBT Evidence for Audit Form (showing practitioner CPD and piece of Trainer CPD) attached evidence, Reflective Statement Optional
- Training Evaluation form
Availability for Audit
- You must be in practice in the UK or its territories or Ireland at the time of making the audit
- You may, however, have taken leave of absence in the twelve months prior to the audit – just note this on the submitted forms. You will not be expected to demonstrate CPD and supervision in that time.
- It is therefore important that you notify email@example.com of leaves of absence and subsequent return to work
- If BABCP is unaware of a leave of absence and you are selected for audit during this time, you will be given a new audit date once you have returned to work.