Reaccreditation Change Update 20/07/17
20 July 2017
We apologise for the delay:
- Unfortunately, the new system of Reaccreditation is still not ready to be launched.
- This is largely due to the technical requirements of the new database and website being more complex than our supplier had originally allowed for.
- It will now launch later in the year – we will update you on this as soon as we can.
- As part of our goal to have simpler and widely understood terminology, The BABCP Board has decided to retain the term Reaccreditation to describe the new process. The aim of reaccreditation remains to help practitioners maintain quality and standards of their practice, however this term, (Maintaining Quality and Standards of Practice - MQSP) will no longer be used to label the process.
What the delay means for members:
- Everybody who would have been due for reaccreditation between now and the launch will remain accredited – you don’t need to take any action.
- Therefore, you will continue to pay your accreditation maintenance fee on the date that you would have been due for reaccreditation.
- Once the new system is up and running, we will let you know, and will also notify you by email one month before you are due to make your first online declaration confirming that you are maintaining your commitment to CPD and supervision.
In the meantime:
Please continue to keep your own records of CPD and supervision. If you wish you can use the existing forms –
The BABCP Board and CBT Practitioner Accreditation Committee are working on finalising arrangements for Re-Accreditation / MQSP and as these will be largely based on unchanged standards, we recommend you continue to use these:
- We will update you once these details are finalised.
FAQs concerning changes to the Reaccreditation process