- Your core professional training or KSA;
- Accountability to a senior for a period of 12 months after completion of your core professional training (or for KSA 12 months after all criteria for KSA were met and signed off).
- Confirmation of Level 2 course attended and completed (Your course will provide your name on a list to BABCP following External Examination, and you will not be able to apply until BABCP receive this)
- Declaration for submission of full accreditation within 12-18 months and other declarations as itemised on the Level 2 provisional accreditation application form.
- Once provisional accreditation has been awarded via this route, successful applicants will have a period of 12 to 18 months to submit for full accreditation in line with declaration signed.
Making an Application
To apply for accreditation you must first become a member of BABCP. Click here for more information and an application form.
Level 2 Provisional Accreditation as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with the BABCP means that the Entry Criteria and Minimum Training Standards for Accreditation have been achieved.
Full Accreditation is dependent on submission, 12 -18 months after the date of Provisional Accreditation, of an application for Full Accreditation (see separate criteria and guidelines). Full Accreditation is for a period of five years, after which Accredited members will be required to apply for Re-accreditation every five years.
The overall process of Accreditation is not complete until Full Accreditation has been granted. If an application for Full Accreditation is not received, or granted, then the practitioner's status of Provisional Accreditation will be revoked, and the individual will not be listed on the CBT Register UK.